Δευτέρα, 30 Απριλίου 2018
Σάββατο, 11 Νοεμβρίου 2017
Τρίτη, 31 Οκτωβρίου 2017
Παρασκευή, 12 Μαΐου 2017
Δευτέρα, 6 Φεβρουαρίου 2017
160X220-300cm, glass, isothermic blanket and PXK patches, 2017.
*Polyxene’s sacrificial cloak in Sophocles tragedy. Apeiros can be translated as infinitus, inexpertus, terra continens (Lexicon Sophocleum)
Here, patches of an isothermal blanket (used by astronauts and castaways) are transformed into infinite, non-experienced continents where the concept of home is dissolved
It consists of 4 partly superimposed glass panels 120X160cm. partially covered with patches of space/castaway blankets and PXK (processed aluminum sheets with powder color and liquid glass).
PXK is my innovative material which stands for the sacrificial skin shed behind after each cultural crucible, while realizing my global fossil installation PXK Route -2004-2015- anchored in different continents (2nd Beijing Biennial 05, FMC Syria 06, 4rth Tashkent Biennial 07, Nuit Blanche Paris 07, Olympic Fine Arts of Beijing 08 (Golden Medal), Flags UNESCO-Beirut 12…) The present installation is part of this planetary work
The overlapping glass panels can be shifted hiding and revealing the ones behind; the density and length of the installation is adaptable to the hosting space. They are lighted in the back from below.
Her main Project Myth/Network* -1990-2016 is a self-combustive system of interlaced sub-projects emerging from depth psychology and multiplexing in dispersive overview installations anchored in numerous sites of the earth, through the audience creative interaction (Chrysalis 1990 in 300 sites 27 countries), or through her participation in big world events (PXK ROUTE 2004-2017 in 25 sites), Affective- cognitive maps merging spectral/ actual space (1994-1998-), generic language games (Code Lexomorphes 1991-2017), telecommunication exchanges of legends/landscapes 2007, Agro-psycho-SAGA community projects (Uranias Gardens 2009-2016)
Her intuitive real-life experimentations are processed in her narrative articles and essays like PAI (Seven Sleepers coed Uni.Lucian Blaga editions 1997), When that word swallowed me (Sphinx, Hidden Thebes Festival 2016)..
Her early cross-disciplinary essay The Conscious Eye, Aigokeros, Athens 1988 was re-edited in the English joint essay: Artificial Intelligence Professor John Kontos needles Poly Kasda’s Conscious Eye, Southwind, Amazon 2015.
IAA UNESCO artist, member of EETE Greece, OFAA Finland. K-DROZ PARIS jury, ed. board Poesia e Conscenza Milan. She graduated in Psychology- Sociology ACG Athens, studied Chemistry-Physics in AUC Cairo and Visual Arts in S. Hermann's workshop, Besancon, Alexandria.
*Project Myth/Network was launched in the Museum of Modern Art Joensuu, PAND conference Meeting of the Worlds, Finland 1990.Project Myth/Network, EMST Greece Artists Archives code 1595. Donation: Xagoraris 1991.
Σάββατο, 19 Νοεμβρίου 2016
IAA UNESCO artist, lives in Athens, works everywhere.
Her main Project Myth/Network* -1990-2017- is an open system of interlaced self-fueling sub-projects emerging from depth psychology and multiplexing in
- - Biodegradable, interactive, overview installations like Chrysalis 1990- anchored in 300 sites-27 countries, composing an ideography of the web before it’s spreading (launched in the Museum of Modern Art Joensuu, PAND conference, Meeting of the Worlds, Finland 1990).
- - Overlapping dispersive overview installations touching down across the globe often through her participation in big events (Biennials of Beijing 2005-2008, Biennial of Tashkent 2007, Nuit Blanche Paris 2007, FMC Syria2006, Flags MEADOWS UNESCO Beirut 2012,, Design House of Cyprus Athens 2009, Night of Museums Munster Germany 2015, University of Lucian Blaga Sibiu Silver Medal 2007, Olympic Fine Arts Beijing Gold Medal 2008)
- - Affective - cognitive maps of mythically augmented sites merging spectral/ actual space adopted in 1995 by the European Network of Poetry as a new form of poetical expression
- - Code Lexomorphes: language games with cryptographic patterns based on the ancient Greek mathematical codification of the alphabet. (Symposium on Greek language, Old Parliament of Athens, EETE Silver Medal 2009).
- - Urania’s Gardens: Agro-psycho-Social art generating community projects. http://Uraniagardens.blogspot.com
Her artistic acts are processed and formulated in Greek, English and French in her research documentaries, cross-disciplinary essays and allegoric bionarratives.
She graduated in Psychology- Sociology B.A. Pierce/Deree ACG, studied Chemistry-Physics in the American University of Cairo, had a 7 years apprenticeship in visual arts in S. Hermann's workshop, Besancon, Alexandria and has the National Arabic language diploma. Her early paintings as Poly Casdas are in private collections.
*Project Myth/Network, EMST National Museum of Contemporary Art, Greece, Archives code 1595. Donation:Xagoraris 1991.